Systemic Candidiasis

This is taken from Chapter 5 of Dr George J Georgiou’s book entitled “Curing the “Incurable” with Holistic Medicine” with his permission – this material is still copyright with all rights reserved. Systemic Candidiasis Elimination using the DaVinci Candida Protocol As you probably remember from my introduction, one of the health challenges that I was […]

READ ARTICLE

Restoring Thymic Function for Immune Support and Life Extension

Thymic Protein A by Ward Dean, MD and Jim English INTRODUCTION The key to a healthy, functioning immune system rests largely with the thymus gland, a small organ lying just beneath the breast-bone (Fig. 1). Weighing less than half of an ounce at birth, by puberty, the thymus will grow to its maximum size of […]

READ ARTICLE

Non-Surgical Snore Control for a Healthy and ‘Silent’ Night

by Jim English SILENT SLUMBER T’was the night before Christmas, when all through the house well, there arose such an awful din and clatter that millions of people across the country were awakened by the snoring of their partners. In all seriousness, snoring is a very real health condition that affects an estimated 90 million […]

READ ARTICLE

Geopathic Stress – How Earth Energies Affect Our Lives

GEOPATHIC STRESS HOW EARTH ENERGIES AFFECT OUR LIVES What is Geopathic Stress? It is the general term for energies emanating from the earth that can cause discomfort and ill health in human beings. If the exposure to Geopathic energies is short-lived, then in general the effects are insignificant, although some people will show symptoms of […]

READ ARTICLE

Compound in Turmeric Inhibits Growth of Human Pancreatic Cancer Cells

INTRODUCTION Curcumin, the pigment responsible for turmeric’s yellow color, can stop the growth of human pancreatic cancer cells, according to a study in the September 15 issue of the journal Cancer. Researchers treated a human pancreatic cell line with different concentrations of curcumin for two hours, then examined its effects on cancer cell growth and […]

READ ARTICLE

Antioxidants May Decrease Risk of Alzheimer’s Disease

ANTIOXIDANTS MAY DECREASE RISK OF ALZHEIMER’S DISEASE Individuals who consume high levels of vitamin C and E may have a lower risk of developing Alzheimer’s disease, according to a recent study in JAMA. In the study, researchers looked at 5,395 subjects who were at least 55 years old and free of dementia at the beginning […]

READ ARTICLE

ADAPTOGENS: NATURAL PROTECTION FOR STRESS

Ward Dean, M.D. and Ben Tabachnik, Ph.D. Stress and stress-related disorders are a significant cause of disease in modern man, contributing to perhaps 75% of all illnesses. Western medicine has developed multiple approaches to coping with stress, including pharmaceutical drugs, exercise, and relaxation techniques like meditation. While these methods can provide some benefits, results are […]

READ ARTICLE

5HTP vs PROZAC

5-HTP (5-Hydroxytryptophan) vs. Prozac (SSRIs) Ward Dean, MD, James South, MA, Jim English Neurotransmitters are specialized biochemicals that nerve cells use to talk to each other. Serotonin is one of some ten major brain neurotransmitters. Deficiencies of serotonin in the brain have been linked to a number of disparate conditions, including: depression (especially the agitated, […]

READ ARTICLE

Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS)

by Jim English and Ward Dean, MD INTRODUCTION The recent appearance of a new lethal infectious respiratory disease is naturally a cause for concern and apprehension. SARS (Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome) is continuing its global spread as we prepare to send our newsletter off to the printer. To date, since emerging from an agricultural community […]

READ ARTICLE

WHY DO WE NEED SUPPLEMENTS – Part I

by Kimberly Pryor INTRODUCTION Eighty percent of American children and adolescents, and 68% of adults, do not eat the recommended five portions of fruits and vegetables a day. (1) But are the remaining 32% of the population really receiving adequate nutrients from diet alone? Research indicates the answer to this question is a resounding no, […]

READ ARTICLE

EPILEPSY IN PETS: A HOLISTIC APPROACH

Epilepsy is the name given to seizure disorders in dogs and cats for which there is no identifiable cause. Primary epilepsy is the result of functional cerebral disturbances without obvious causes other than a possible hereditary predisposition. For a diagnosis of epilepsy to be made, other causes of seizures including poisoning, infection, tumors, and cranial […]

READ ARTICLE

VACCINATING YOUR PET:WHAT AN OWNER TO DO?

Recently, there has been a paradigm shift in veterinary medicine. Over the last few years, new research has determined that most pets do not require annual immunizations, as their immune systems maintain the ability to fight off infections for several years following immunization. This article will discuss the new recommendations for your pet, and present […]

READ ARTICLE